The Laboratory of Radiation Biophysics and Radiobiology performs experimental in vitro studies on the biological effects of exposures to ionizing radiation.
The RadBioPhys Lab is equipped with a sterile room for cell culturing and with a non-sterile room for sample processing. The biological techniques routinely adopted in the RadBioPhys Lab range from protein analysis (western blotting, ELISA assay, semi-quantitative and quantitative cytokines determination, spectrophotometry) to imaging (immunofluorescence, light microscopy).
- Immunofluorescence microscope – Olympus BX51
- Multiplate reader – GDV DV990/BV6
- Spectrophotometer – VWR UV-3100PC
- pHmeter – Crison Basic20
- Analytical balance – Sartorius Mechatronics ED224S
- Western Blotting equipment (BioRad Trans-blot Turbo; BioRad GelDoc EZ Imager)
- Chemical Hood – LifeAire GS800
- Flow Cytometer – Thermo Fisher Attune NxT
- Laminar Flow Hood – Aquaria BioActiva 120 Plus
- Cell culture Incubator – Heal Force HF 240
- Inverted microscope – Olympus IX51
- Cooled Centrifuge – Thermo Scientific CL31R
- Waterbath – Memmert WNB series
The Flow Cytometry Facility of the RadBioPhys Lab is equipped with a Thermo Fisher Attune NxT Acoustic Flow Cytometer (AFC).
Technical characteristics of our Attune NxT AFC are:
- Blue laser (488nm, 50mW) with FSC, SSC and 4 channels (530/30nm, 574/26nm, 695/40nm, 780/60nm);
- Violet laser (405nm, 50mW) with 4 channels (440/50nm, 512/25nm, 603/48nm, 710/50nm).
- Sample Rate: 12.5 – 1000µl/min; Data acquisition up to 35000 events/second
- Acquisition and analysis through Attune NxT software 2.6.
RadBioPhys Lab routinely performs cellular analysis (DNA content, Cell death assay, Proliferation Assay) and immunophenotype assays (from 2 to 8 colors analysis).